BI Lead, Business Analytics
Location : Columbia, MD
Job Type : Permanent @ BLEND360
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7+
Required Education : Master's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Consulting
Job Category : BI
Job Description :
Blend360 is seeking a BI Lead for our Business Analytics group to augment our BI Delivery practice. You will play a critical role leading a team of consultants for our client engagements using BI project development methodology. We are looking for a compelling candidate who can combine their technical experience and business skills in order to deliver best in class BI service to our clients.
- Lead a BI Team in client engagements, managing and providing guidance for a diverse team of Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Solution Strategists
- Serve as liaison between client and BI team, escalating risk and issues to the client while simultaneously responsible for the BI team’s delivery, meeting scope, timelines, quality control, etc.
- Responsible for smooth collaboration and communication among the team including providing status updates and progress reports on the project to the relevant parties.
- Could be travel to clients
Required Qualifications :
Required Skills: Tableau, SQL, BI
- 7+ years full-time experience in BI.
- 5+ years of experience in Tableau consulting role, working with Enterprise customers to develop dashboards and data sources that meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Portfolio to demonstrate the work products highly preferred.
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related field or experience
- Proficiency in processing large datasets using SQL
- Experience conducting analytics and creating visualizations using Tableau
- Experience with Microsoft Office products – PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word
- Adobe Analytics experience preferred
- Independent thinker
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and client teams
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to tell a story from data
- Ability to architect and scope complex projects involving multiple team members/direct reports.
- Strong understanding of SQL and basic understanding of programming languages; experience with SAQL, SOQL, Python, or R a plus.
- Ability to independently learn new technologies
- Presentation skills – demonstrated ability to simplify complex situations and ideas and distill them into compelling and effective written and oral presentations.
- Learn quickly – ability to understand and rapidly comprehend new areas, functional and technical, and apply detailed and critical thinking to customer solutions.
- Partner with business information architects to understand the business use cases that support and fulfill business and data strategy.
*Some travel will be required