Consumer & Marketplace Insights Manager
Leadership & Consulting
Serve as the brand “navigator” by providing thought partnership with brand management.
Work with business partners to understand and explain business drivers, competitive challenges and forward-looking opportunities for growth, short term and long term.
Build consumer empathy and understanding across teams by effectively communicating existing knowledge and defining and executing actionable learning plans• Continuously represent the voice of the consumer in an effort to know the consumer deeply and make decisions in favor of consumers
Actively pursue opportunities for impact by discovering and sharing opportunities to showcase research/learning on high-value topics unseen or ignored by business partners.
Use clear, strategy-aligned criteria to assess the value of projects.
Collaborate across the Consumer & Marketplace Insights function to use our scale and increase speed via effectiveness and efficiencies.
Develop Brand Insights
Communicate consumer insights for the brand using diverse and multiple sources (syndicated and custom research)
Embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action by making them meaningful to the business strategy. Build the consumer story by connecting the dots across various pieces of research, primary and secondary, as well as behavioral data.
Focus on establishing business partners’ decisions and aligning the research agenda to them, then tailor communications of research findings to support upcoming decisions.
Redefine medium-value requests and eliminate or outsource low-value requests; challenge the need for learning as appropriate vs having courage to decide and go.
Learning Plan Focus & Efficiency
Focus on clearly defining business partners’ objectives, then aligning the learning plans to them, then tailoring communications of findings to guide key decisions.
Use clear, strategy-aligned criteria to assess the value of projects to eliminate or outsource low-value requests; and encouraging smart ‘decide and go’ approach where base knowledge already exists, or risk of decision is low.
Manage projects within budget.
Provide suppliers with access to all information available to ensure intimacy with our client.
Use strategic assets to build non-monetary, reciprocally valuable relationship with suppliers, motivating above-and beyond support and partnership.
Assists in achieving corporate objectives on Market Share, Sales Volume Growth, Brand Health, Return on Investment and Product Performance.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Sociology or related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of marketing research experience with budget responsibility in a consumer packaged goods company.
- Strong drive for results with a passion for the consumer and marketing.
- Business-owner vs. researcher mindset and proficiency in syndicated and custom data knowledge (Nielsen, IRI).
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and needing to figure things out.
- Ability to work with Marketing teams to build short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and brand vision.
- Experience in selecting appropriate, diverse research methodologies, designing research studies, and trying new methods when appropriate.
- Experience leading projects with ownership of budgets, suppliers, research, and schedule.
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to seek opportunities to self-educate on new methodologies and techniques, and general research and business news.
- Ability to influence across multiple levels in an organization.