Director of Data Engineering
BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science Solutions Company focused on powering exceptional results to our Fortune 500 clients. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data and technology
We are looking for Data Engineers who loves building and pioneering while solving business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our new Director will help build out the Denver office, in the forefront of driving major projects within BLEND360 and working with our data engineering team to develop innovative data driven solutions that integrate distributed sources of data, perform large scale learning and reasoning, and integrate results.
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: Full-time Position
Benefits: We offer: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, and incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
What you’ll do:
As a Director, your role is to spearhead the data engineering division in Denver and elevate the team to the next level. You will be responsible for laying out the architecture of new project as well as selecting the tech stack associated with it. You will plan out the develop cycles deploying AGILE if possible as well as creating the foundations for good data stewardship with our new data products.
What you’ll get:
An amazing, holistic experience in deploying full data products end to end making the decisions and helping with implementations from start to finish. You will manage individuals during the development cycles, be the primary decision maker driving the product forward, and also spearhead the direction of the department.
Who you are:
You are a former Data Engineer turned Manager/Director with 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role with a passion for data and a deep understanding of cloud technologies, rock solid programming best practices and strategy execution.
What you have:
- Expert level understanding, both conceptually and in practice of at least one object orientated library (Python, Scala, Java)
- Low level understanding of common libraries as wells the intricacies of your language of choice
- Expert SQL skills and a good understanding of existing SQL warehouses
- True understanding of cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, GCP), the services available within the respective clouds as well as the limitations of such services
- Excellent understanding of enterprise coding best practices as well as general CI/CD practices
- Good understanding of cloud security best practices
- Good people management and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of distributed systems (Spark, Dask)
- Good understanding of cloud DWs (Snowflake, DynamoDB)
- Good planning abilities in order to accurately make project timeline estimates
- Top tier Git practices with experience managing repos with a large number of contributors
- Previous experience setting up code review frameworks
- Good appreciation for the AGILE methodology
- Good understanding of API connectivity