Marketing Attorney - 3196
Blend360 is an award-winning consulting firm and provides services to some of the world’s best known and most respected organizations. We're a people company and have supported thousands of talented individuals on their career journey over the last 20 years. If you're looking for an exciting new project or position supporting a great organization, the team at Blend360 is committed to your success.
Our client is seeking an Associate, Marketing Counsel to support the rapidly growing Legal & Compliance Department at their headquarters located in New York City. The ideal candidate is a collaborative business partner to cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product and Distribution, Corporate Strategy), legal and compliance colleagues, and is passionate about finding risk-tolerant, compliance-oriented solutions.
· Location: On Site, New York City
· Direct Hire
· Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401k
· Competitive compensation and incentive plan
What you’ll do:
· In this outstanding attorney role, you will serve as lead counsel advising on the firm's fast-paced and innovative marketing teams to evaluate alignment with the federal securities laws prior to dissemination for an SEC registered investment advisor and investment company.
· Develop, implement, and maintain firm-wide guidelines, processes, and practices on advertising and marketing matters
· Create self-serve resources and scaled strategies for internal and external marketing partners in order to scale compliance for Marketing
· Oversee DDQs/RFPs and other due diligence requests as needed
· Oversee the development and implementation of standards and disclosures for customer and prospect touchpoints
· Perform a legal and compliance review of all materials published by the Firm, including without limitation, network emails, social media posts, white papers, press releases and podcasts
· Advise marketing department on all issues related to marketing and advertising in all media and formats to mitigate compliance, legal and regulatory risk in connection with new and existing marketing materials and achieve the firm's business objectives.
· Provide legal oversight to compliance partners on escalated marketing material
· Interact with key external stakeholders, including private funds, and fund distributors on issues related to private fund marketing materials
· Stay current on the latest developments within the regulatory space, including those governing financial and payment services and technologies, internet advertising, data protection, and privacy
· Interpret and analyze the impact of change to relevant laws, regulations, and market infrastructure as it relates to marketing compliance risk
Adapt to rapidly changing regulatory environment and draft and provide practical, client-friendly guidelines
Who you are:
· An experienced Marketing counsel who will partner with the Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Product & Distribution, and the firm's marketing and sales professionals to understand campaigns, strategies, initiatives, and goals
What you have:
· Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited U.S. school of law
· 3+ years of law firm and/or in-house years of practice
· FINRA Series 7 and Series 24 required
· Substantial knowledge of the marketing/advertising rules under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company of 1940, FINRA rules, and the day-to-day compliance affairs of public and private funds
· Extensive experience independently structuring and negotiating complex marketing-related agreements with sophisticated counterparties
· Significant experience providing legal support for marketing campaigns, promotions, and advertising at a financial services firm
· Familiarity with the media buying ecosystem, affiliate marketing, ad networks and platforms, ad tech, and the use of data for marketing campaigns
· Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong technical skills, sharp intellect, and ability to understand difficult, complex compliance and business problems
· Ability to work with colleagues to devise pragmatic and creative solutions, and to prioritize and focus on critical tasks that add value
· Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
· A natural ability to develop relationships, internally and externally
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
A diverse workforce is a strong workforce
To deliver growth at BLEND360 and for our clients, we believe as a Talent Solutions Company, we have a responsibility and unique opportunity to positively impact the workforce. Diversity has played a critical role in our history, our growth, and continues to have a profound impact on our success. We are determined to have equality in the workplace, within our team and as an extension of our clients’ team.
This is not the work of the moment, and this requires continued learning and purposeful actions. We are investing resources to understand and improve the sourcing, selection, and retention of the talent we hire, and ultimately the workforce we provide our clients. We will communicate our journey in the spirit of transparency and shared learning.
We know that the Confidence Gap and Imposter Syndrome are real – we encourage you to apply so we can get to know you. Connect with us and we will work together to find your next great opportunity.
BLEND360 is an equal opportunity employer