Principal (Manager) Data Engineer
BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science Solutions Company focused on powering exceptional results to our Fortune 500 clients. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data and technology.
We are looking for Data Engineers who loves building and pioneering while solving business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our new Data Engineer will be in the forefront of driving major projects within BLEND360 and working with our data engineering team to develop innovative data driven solutions that integrate distributed sources of data, perform large scale learning and reasoning, and integrate results. We are looking for a self-starting, motivated individual with knowledge of engineering best practices.
· Prefer Benelux / UK, anywhere Europe
What you’ll do:
As a Principal Data Engineer, your role is to spearhead the data engineering division and elevate the team to the next level! You will be responsible for laying out the architecture of new project as well as selecting the tech stack associated with it. You will plan out the develop cycles deploying AGILE if possible as well as creating the foundations for good data stewardship with our new data products!
You will also set up a solid code framework that needs to be built to purpose, yet have enough flexibility to adapt to new business use cases—a tough but rewarding challenge!
What you’ll get:
An amazing, holistic experience in deploying full data products end to end making the decisions and helping with implementations from start to finish. Not only will you get to manage individuals during the development cycles, you will be the primary decision maker driving the product forward!
Who you are:
You are a Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role with a passion for data and a deep understanding of cloud technologies as well as rock solid programming best practices.
What you have:
· Expert level understanding, both conceptually and in practice of at least one object orientated library (Python, Scala, Java)
· Low level understanding of common libraries as wells the intricacies of your language of choice
· Expert SQL skills and a good understanding of existing SQL warehouses
· True understanding of cloud ecosystems (Azure preferred), the services available within the respective clouds as well as the limitations of such services
· Excellent understanding of enterprise coding best practices as well as general CI/CD practices
· Expert level code architecture experience
· Good understanding of cloud security best practices
· Good people management and presentation skills
· Deep understanding of distributed systems (Spark, Dask)
· Good understanding of cloud DWs (Snowflake, DynamoDB)
· Good planning abilities in order to accurately make project timeline estimates.
· Top tier Git practices with experience managing repos with a large number of contributors.
· Previous experience setting up code review frameworks.
· Good appreciation for the AGILE methodology
· Good understanding of API connectivity
· Previous consulting experience or project leadership experience needed.