Senior Data Engineer
BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science Consultancy focused on powering exceptional results for our Fortune 500/1000 clients and other major organizations. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data, and technology.
Blend360’s rapidly expanding Data Engineering practice is seeking Data Engineers who love building technical solutions to solve our client’s most complex business problems. Our environment is fun, fast-paced, and collaborative.
Working at the forefront of our business, our technologists drive major projects within BLEND360 using the latest programming languages and technologies to develop innovative data driven solutions. We are looking for self-starters, who enjoy motivating and teaching others best practices within data engineering.
What you’ll do:
This is a hands on keyboard, collaborative role working with a team of Data Engineers to continue delivering exceptional results for our clients. A large portion of your time will be in the weeds working alongside of your team architecting, designing, implementing, and optimizing data solutions. You’ll play an integral role in building our technical process from ideation to delivery, migrating and/or scaling cloud data solutions, building pipelines and scalable analytic tools using leading technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
What you’ll get:
An amazing, holistic experience in deploying full data products end to end making the decisions and helping with implementations from start to finish. Not only will you get to manage individuals during the development cycles, but you will also be a key leader driving your team forward!
Who you are:
You are a hands-on Data Engineer with 2+ years of experience in the big data space with a passion for distributed computing and cloud technologies.
What you have:
- Deep understanding, both conceptually and in practice of at least one object orientated library (Python, Scala, Java)
- Strong SQL skills and a good understanding of existing SQL warehouses
- Solid working knowledge of Spark and its internal processes
- Experience with Kubernetes and on-premise deployments
- Excellent understanding of enterprise coding best practices as well as general CI/CD practices
- Code architecture experience
- Good planning abilities in order to accurately make project timeline estimates
- Top tier Git practices with experience managing repos with many contributors
- Previous experience setting up code review frameworks
- Good appreciation for the AGILE methodology