Senior Data Engineer
BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science Solutions Company focused on powering exceptional results to our Fortune 500 clients. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data and technology
We are looking for Data Engineers who loves building and pioneering while solving business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our new Data Engineer will be in the forefront of driving major projects within BLEND360 and working with our data engineering team to develop innovative data driven solutions that integrate distributed sources of data, perform large scale learning and reasoning, and integrate results. We are looking for a self-starting, motivated individual with knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Location: Columbia, MD preferred, but will consider remote with travel to clients
- Duration: Full-time Position
- Benefits: We offer: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
What you’ll do:
In this role, you’ll partner with our Fortune 500 clients and work within our Data Science team as a Data Engineer. You will clean, transform, and analyze vast amounts of raw data from various systems to provide ready-to-use data to our Data Scientists.
This involves both ad-hoc requests as well as building true production level data pipelines using well-structured code that follows true OOP principals.
- Gain experience using big data technologies
- Experience operating distributed systems of data extraction and processing of large data sets
- Develop strong communication skills with a proven success communicating with users, other tech teams,
- Write good documentation with all code
- Design data processing pipelines
What you’ll get:
- A fast-paced environment with supportive cross-functional partners
- A team dedicated to transparency and simplicity to its customers
- To be part of product, acquisition and servicing teams
- Valuable experience running data science technologies for a highly visible Fortune 500 company
- Support and expertise from all levels of the BLEND360 team
Who you are:
You are a Data Engineer with 3+ years of experience in a data engineering role with a passion for data and a keen focus on a holistic approach to understanding the problem from both a business and technical perspective
What you have:
- Strong experience in Python, preferably with a good lower-level understanding of programming concepts. Other languages such as Java or Scala are also fantastic to have.
- Deep understanding of commonly used libraries and functionalities of your preferred programming language.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Solid architectural understanding of AWS NOSQL databases
- Good appreciation for AWS/Cloud security best practices
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts with experience applying it in enterprise programming.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems (e.g. CAP theorem, partitioning, replication, consistency, and consensus)
- Good Git version control practices
- Proven ability to prioritize work and projects.
- Accustom to working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)