They are agnostic to languages, tools, patterns, etc and want true computer scientists first who are have solid knowledge with: Code Interface Design, System Architecture and who are “algorithmists”.
Notes from the meeting:
- These engineers will build at a rapid pace and sunset them just as quickly, then move on to the next one.
- VP wants to build a “Code Review as a Service” team too
- All data engineers write code, all s/w engineers have strong data skills
- No certifications needed, the hiring managers love people who have worked with lower tech like Hadoop and understand from all aspects. They need “doers”!
- They will build fully autonomous teams
- They will go from inception to generating revenue in 2-6 weeks, building a product is last thing they want to do…they want to sell it before it’s fully built.
- They want generalists, skill sets will vary, low code/no code tool sets is a must
- Understanding complexity of algorithms is key
- Full stack software engineer
- Experience in engineering databases, algorithms, APIs and data structures.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Webflow
- Familiarity with Stripe APIs.
- Familiarity with Airtable or other low-code/no-code tools.
What we are building:
We are building a website which will create a custom bundle of products for customers based on minimal customer input of location and other preferences. We are also building a customer portal which lists the products that the customer has purchased in addition to badges and other add-on features.
We have created a first version of this website in WebFlow hosted and will upgrade this website with the following features:
- A personalized bundle of products based on a short list of user input including web form and user location.
- A logged in customer portal which lists the products that the customer has purchased previously.
- An API for integration with other companies so that they can purchase carbon offsets through the API.