Sr. Network Engineer CCNA - 3004
Our client is a small/midsized telecommunications company delivering top-tier service to some of the most prestigious clients in the greater Los Angeles area. They are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team. With a strong culture, our client's goal is to create a great place to work and for everyone at every level to feel great about their contribution to the team!
What your days will look like;
You will be driving and delivering on strategic planning, design, and support of our IP network infrastructure including routing, switching, wireless, security, and monitoring.
Act as custodian of the architecture process when implementing new products and services or expanding the network coverage.
Define the scope for projects from a network architecture/capacity standpoint.
Provide advanced technical system expertise. Oversight and accountability for resolution of outages & service level issues
Responsible for keeping technical data up to date (architecture, integration diagrams, and documentation)
Participate in the identification, development, and implementation of industry standards and security best practices
Develop/ Maintain disaster recovery and system failover efforts
Monitor the performance of the system. Create standard operating procedures/escalation processes for alarms
Analysis of complex system behavior, and performance issues.
Participate in information technology projects from inception to operational/maintain status.
Contribute to other technology projects requiring network engineering expertise.
Participate in vendor evaluation/lab testing of new technologies and decision support
- Must have extensive experience in building scalable, highly available, mission-critical network infrastructures
- Expert level network design and architecture experience
- Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions
- Lead implementation for IPv6 and MPLS-TE.
- Expert Level background working with industry-standard switches and routers, monitoring solutions
- Extensive experience working with various circuit types from licensed microwave to fiber, WDM, point to point, frame relay as well as DOCSiS based delivery.
- Extensive RF experience in Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n and licensed and unlicensed microwave spectrum
- Proven diagnostic problem solving and solution development capabilities required
- Cisco or JunOS Certified
- Knowledge of OSI Model, IPv4/IPv6 ip management
- Expert-level knowledge and understanding of IPv6 and MPLS-TE.
- Extensive design experience in the following technologies: OSPF, BGP, MPLS,EIGRP, IGRP, HSRP, VRRP, ETHERNCHANNEL, PORT SECURITY, VLAN/trunking, QoS
- Strong Mikrotik experience
- Strong Cisco Experience
- Strong Juniper Experience
- Fortinet Experience
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to lead and manage projects
- Ability to make rapid and concise decisions based on sound technical basis
- Ability to translate enterprise data center and related jargon to diverse groups of technical and non-technical users
- Ability to interact with senior management on ongoing requirements and issues related to the network and security infrastructure.
- Monitoring tools